Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Madness Not to Be Confused with March Madness

I know I'm not the only blogger out there feeling the additional pressure that Spring brings. Many of us are publishing fewer posts than normal. Even if you don't blog, this is a high pressure time of year. Pressure to garden, pressure to complete projects before the kids are home for the summer, pressure to enjoy the beautiful weather (Ok, maybe that doesn't count), final exams, school wrap up, weddings, graduations...need I say more? Did your heart race just thinking about it?
So needless to say, I'm way behind. Been busy creating just not posting. My youngest graduates high school in one month. My husband turns 50 at the end of the month. I must be a trophy wife 'cause I'm no where near that age! Ha, I wish. And we typically do a big annual summer party late May. So we need to plan a graduation party, a 50th birthday party and the annual party. My head may explode!
We did get away last weekend with some of our awesome friends. This was our 4th annual wine tour! Fondly called our "One Glass at a Time" tour. Our friends, Terri and David do an incredible job planning this every year.

There are a ton of vineyards/wineries right here in North Carolina. If  you haven't checked them out you really are missing out. We drive a few hours and have lunch, then we start on our pre mapped out tour. We usually hit 3-5 places and do their tour and tasting. A few of our favorites are Laurel Gray and Raffaldini. We always meet great and interesting people.

We end close to our hotel and always have an awesome dinner. This year we dined at 21 & Main in downtown Elkin. I had their lamb chops. They were wonderful! If you find yourself in Elkin you should check it out.
Lamb chops with Mint, Broccolini and Potatoes
Monday, I drove 5 hours to Eastern North Carolina to do the annual faux finish touch up in one of my favorite clients 26,000 sq.ft. home. He is a famous author and most of you can probably guess who it is. Here's a few of my favorite finishes in his home. This is a 22K gold leafed coffered ceiling. My friends at the Gilded Planet were vey helpful on this since I had never used actual gold before. It's MUCH thinner than the imitation stuff.
22K gold ceiling
22Karat Gold Leafed Coffered Ceiling
We embedded the words of the first paragraph of his most popular book in this metallic plaster wall. Very subtle but stunning. With textured products you must use adhesive stencils. Cindy can custom make anything you need over at V-mask Foils and Stencils.
words embedded in a wall finish, metallic wall finish
 
You saw this vanity in my last post. We did a champagne leaf finish on the walls in this powder room. Silver leaf with a warm glaze to make it more of a champagne color.
 
silver leafed walls, metallic painted vanity
 
This powder room was a tissue paper texture with a red metallic paint and umber glaze. We used a graphite glaze on the black trim. 
metallic red walls, red walls, black trim
 
In this bath, we stried a blue metallic plaster, then top trowelled a cream and tan metallic plaster.
 


I spent all day Tuesday touching up minor dings in the finishes, then drove back home. It was a long day and I'm very sad to report my thighs are actually sore from going up and down steps all day. I really need to get back to boot camp.
I have a really cool project I'll be working on this week, so I'll be sure and post about it soon. It involves contemporary circles and silver leaf. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook if you want to see it as it happens.
Then late tomorrow I'm going in for a gastric endoscopy. I've been having some stomach issues for quite some time and am finally frustrated enough to have it checked out. I'll keep you posted on the results.
In closing, I will leave you with this. (My hubby got this for me.. I'm trying not to take it personally.)
 




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Sandy, you have some BIG celebrations coming up! Congratulations to your graduate and an early Happy B-day to your husband! That ceiling is quite magnificent, though that's an understatement! Thanks for sharing and please have a wonderful and Happy Mother's Day! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day as well!

      Delete
  2. Holy schnykeys! 26,000 sq. ft!! That is a lot to touch up!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. 成人視訊-午夜激情直播間
    性愛視訊-午夜視頻聊天軟件
    85街-裸體美女視頻(無內褲)
    85街論壇85st-色情真人秀場聊天室
    85街免費影片收看-大尺度真人秀場聊天室
    85街官網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
    85街官網st論壇-能看啪啪真人聊天室
    85街官網st論壇-能看啪啪真人聊天室
    打飛機專用網-免費真人秀視頻聊天室
    土豆網免費影片-luo聊聊天室
    免費語音視頻聊天室同城午夜一夜情交友網站日韓電影播播擼擼射成人小說網站豆豆聊聊天室
    飄聊視頻語音聊天室在線視頻語音聊天室日本AV電影在線觀看成人動漫網美少女自拍拍貼圖區
    老年女人聊天室我秀語音視頻聊天網視訊聊天交友3D成人片下載3D成人影片合成貼圖
    9聊視頻語音聊天室3聊視頻語音聊天室午夜福利直播間大街上的美腿美女成人貼圖站
    三聊視頻語音聊天室碧聊視頻語音聊天室春宮亂倫小說日本AV劇情電影3D版成人片85貼圖區

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...